International Institute for Monitoring Democratic and Parliamentary Process
The contest was initiated by the IIMDD IPA CIS Chisinau Office and the Department of Education, Youth and Sport of the Bălți municipality.
The event was aimed at:
- building an active citizenship among young people;
- encouraging young people to consciously participate in elections;
- increasing the interest of future voters in the electoral process.
The contest started on 1 February 2018 and consisted of two stages.
In total, 10 lyceums of the Bălți municipality with Russian and Romanian language of instruction took part in this competition. Schoolchildren in their essays shared their thoughts on why it is necessary to participate in elections and how to involve young people in this important process. During the second stage the most relevant, interesting and memorable works were selected.
At the outcome ceremony, the members of the contest committee,Head of the Sociological Research Department of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, Doctor of Sociology Victor Mokanu, Head of Department on the IIMDD IPA CIS offices management Roman Amburtsev, journalist and civic leader Elena Kulik, and Doctor of Sociology Ion Mokanu, thanked the contest participants and their mentors for interesting and informative contributions.
- 1 july 2019 II international forum "Development of parliamentarism" started its work in Moscow
- 30 june 2019 Valentina Matvienko took part in a multilateral meeting with the IPU Chairperson and leadership
- 30 june 2019 IPA CIS IIMDD observers monitored voting in the election of Governor (Bashkan) of Gagauzia