International Institute for Monitoring Democratic and Parliamentary Process
The contest was initiated by the IIMDD IPA CIS Chisinau Office and the Department of Education, Youth and Sport of the Bălți municipality.
The event was aimed at:
- building an active citizenship among young people;
- encouraging young people to consciously participate in elections;
- increasing the interest of future voters in the electoral process.
The contest started on 1 February 2018 and consisted of two stages.
In total, 10 lyceums of the Bălți municipality with Russian and Romanian language of instruction took part in this competition. Schoolchildren in their essays shared their thoughts on why it is necessary to participate in elections and how to involve young people in this important process. During the second stage the most relevant, interesting and memorable works were selected.
At the outcome ceremony, the members of the contest committee,Head of the Sociological Research Department of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, Doctor of Sociology Victor Mokanu, Head of Department on the IIMDD IPA CIS offices management Roman Amburtsev, journalist and civic leader Elena Kulik, and Doctor of Sociology Ion Mokanu, thanked the contest participants and their mentors for interesting and informative contributions.
- 17 july 2018 Council of Permanent Plenipotentiary Representatives of the CIS Member Nations took place in Minsk
- 12 july 2018 Meeting of the Economic Policies Commission at the CIS Economic Council to take place on 25 July in Moscow
- 11 july 2018 Session of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly held in Berlin