Minsk hosts the 6th Regional Seminar on Implementation of International Humanitarian Law (IHL), dedicated to the 40th anniversary of the adoption of Additional Protocols to the 1949 Geneva Conventions. The seminar is co-sponsored by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus.
Peter Maurer, President of the ICRC, delivered a message at the Seminar opening ceremony.
The following topics will be discussed during the event:
- 40th anniversary of the adoption of Additional Protocols to the 1949 Geneva Conventions;
- Role of the national commissions and other bodies in the implementation of IHL at the national level;
- Armament and IHL: recent achievements and future challenges;
- 20th anniversary of the adoption of Ottawa Treaty on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction;
- Missing migrants: legal and humanitarian aspects.
Representatives of the ministries of justice, foreign affairs and defense of the Azerbaijan Republic, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrghyz Republic, the Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, the Republic of Uzbekistan, and Ukraine are attending the Seminar.
The event is also attended by the representative of the Interparliamentary Assembly of the Member Nations of the Commonwealth of Independent States, Advisor of Model Law-Making Support Unit in the sphere of State-Building and Economy, Expert and Analytical Directorate, Secretary of the IPA CIS Permanent Commission on Social Policy and Human Rights, Secretary-in-Charge of the IPA CIS Board of Experts on Public Health Evgenia Vladimirova.
- 14 february 2018 Representatives of the consular missions accredited in St. Petersburg visited the headquarters of the IPA CIS
- 13 february 2018 Sergey Antufiev met with the students of St. Petersburg State University of Economics
- 13 february 2018 International Trade Union Forum of Young CIS Communication Workers is taking place in the Tavricheskiy Palace