International Conference “Russian Language as a Basis for Integration Dialogue in the CIS”
26-27 October 2023
The year 2023 was declared the Year of the Russian Language as a Language of Interethnic Communication in the CIS by the decision of the CIS Heads of State Council.
The main event dedicated to this topic in the work plan of the IPA CIS will be the international conference “Russian Language as a Basis for Integration Dialogue in the CIS”.
The organizers of the conference together with the IPA CIS are the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the Russian National Library, the Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library, St. Petersburg State University, Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia.
The conference events are also supported by the International Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature, Pushkin State Russian Language Institute, the Union of Russian Theaters Abroad, the Baltic House Theatre-Festival, St. Petersburg State Institute of Film and Television, Russian State Institute of Performing Arts, the Union of Translators of Russia, the State Russian Museum, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University and a number of other IPA CIS partner organizations from the CIS countries.
The plenary session and roundtables of the conference will be held on 26-27 October 2023 in St. Petersburg at the Tavricheskiy Palace, as well as at other venues of the co-organizers.
Exhibitions, presentations, seminars, online lectures and other thematic events aimed at promoting the development of the Russian language as an international language in the CIS and beyond are organized throughout the year as conference-related events.
The conference will host discussions in the following areas:
- the current status of the Russian language as a language of interethnic communication in the CIS and in the world;
- the potential of the Russian language in the field of humanitarian cooperation;
- issues of studying Russian as a native and foreign language in the CIS countries and abroad;
- Russian as a language of rulemaking in the CIS Member Nations, topical issues of legal linguistics;
- sociological aspects of the spread of the Russian language, parameters of its functioning in the educational space;
- Russian as the international language of diplomacy;
- integration opportunities of Russian-language theaters and cinematography in the CIS Member Nations;
- Russian language and professional translation activity;
- Russian language internet space.
A final resolution will be adopted based on the results of the conference.
Representatives of legislative and executive authorities of the CIS Member Nations, relevant institutions of culture, science and education, international organizations, business and academic communities, mass media are invited to participate in the Conference.
Registration will be open for the conference participants on the website of the IPA CIS www://iacis.ru/. Further information is available at: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +7(812)404-57-00, ext. 115 or 936.