Expert Advisory Board at the IPA CIS Permanent Commission on Legal Issues
The Expert Advisory Board at the IPA CIS Permanent Commission on Legal Issues is a permanent advisory and consultative body acting on a voluntary basis.
It was established to formulate main ideas, goals and objectives pertaining to issues under the jurisdiction of the Commission, to provide expert advice and information assistance, to ensure cooperation with law enforcement agencies, the judiciary, research and academic institutions.
The Expert Advisory Board at the IPA CIS Permanent Commission on Legal Issues:
- conducts legal expertise of model laws on behalf of the Commission;
- provides qualified legal advice on specific areas of law in case of disagreements on the interpretation of the provisions of legislative acts;
- provides expert opinion on issues of interest to the Commission;
- monitors the application of the adopted model legislation, recommendations and other documents;
- makes proposals for priority areas of the Commission’s lawmaking activities;
- participates in drafting opinions on model legislation developed by the Commission;
- studies international experience in law-making and law enforcement and elaborating recommendations on its use in the work of the IPA CIS.
Chair of the Expert Advisory Board at the IPA CIS Permanent Commission on Legal Issues
KOZLOV Yuriy Anatolievich – Judge of the 1st Western District Military Court, Member of the Council of the regional branch of All Russian public organization “Russian Association of Judges” in Saint Petersburg